Our S-PS Penetrating sealer is our natural-looking sealer that provides an invisible finish that protects sufaces of many natural stone and wetcast surfaces. The specialty seal™ can be used for both vertical and horizontal applications while protecting against extreme weather damage, chemicals, and other harsh staining.
- Invisible/Natural-Look Finish
- Protects Surface From Staining
- Ideal for Outdoor Applications
- Provides superior protection against freeze/thaw cycles, deicing salts, chemical erosion, and efflorescence
- Solvent-Based Formula
- VOC Compliant
S-PS Penetrating Instructions
- After cleaning, wait at least 24 hours before sealing. Surface and joints must be completely dry.
- Recommended application temperatures are 50° – 80°F (10° – 27°C) from installation through the cure process.
- Do not apply if inclement weather is forecasted within 24 hours.
- STIR THOROUGHLY.
- Apply with an SRW Products approved Slit Foam Roller and Sprayer.
- For best results, spray then back roll. This prevents an uneven finish.
- A 2-person application is recommended.
- Always spray against a wet edge and do not overlap a previously sealed and dried area.
- Start at the highest project elevation. Do not allow sealer to pool on the surface or in joints.
- Allow the sealed area to dry and cure for 24 hours.
- Protect the area from water and rain until dry.
- Curing time ranges:
- Dry-tack free: 25 minutes
- Foot traffic: 24 hours
- Vehicle traffic: 72 hours
- Note: All calculations based on 68° – 77°F (20° – 25°C).
- Polished or Unpolished: Up to 200 sq. ft. per gallon (18.58 sq. m. per 3.78 liters).
- Coverage may vary depending on surface & application.
CLEAN UP & STORAGE
- Clean sprayer and tools with SRW Products XY Xylene Solvent Specialty Cleaner.
- Store container in a cool area with cap or lid firmly in place.
- For best results, use an SRW Heavy-Duty Construction Sprayer & a Slit Foam Roller X-treme to apply.
- Test in an inconspicuous area before starting the general application to ensure desired results & expected finish.
- Always follow hardscape manufacturer’s sealing recommendations.
- S-PS is a ONE coat sealer. Additional coats may create an irregular appearance.
- If using on manufactured stone, ask dealer about cleaning and sealing procedures prior to application.
- Do not use more than one sealer on the same project.
- Not for use on slate.
- Not for use on structures under hydrostatic pressure.
Yes, we recommend sealing on a pool deck.
Sealing with non-film forming sealers: Penetrating sealers are non-film forming that help minimize water and dissolved solids from absorbing into the pavers.
Sealing with film-forming sealers: If you will be using a film-forming sealer on a pool deck then we recommend the use of our X-TREME line of sealers (HGX, LGX etc.) with the addition of SR-Paver Grip to help with slip resistance. SR Paver Grip is sold in 3.2oz bags. 1 Bag of SR Paver Grip can be mixed with 1 gallon of SRW Products Sealers.