Universal Paver Rail™
SRW Universal Paver Rail™ is professional grade edging that holds your project together while preventing loss of interlock, erosion of bedding sand, and lateral paver shifting. As our most versatile paver application product, it can be applied in straight or curved applications. Our staples, spikes, or stakes can be used with any paver rail edging to make installation simple, saving you time and money.
- Permanent and invisible barrier between hardscapes and other landscape materials
- Product height 1-7/8″
- Best all-around product
Universal Paver Rail™ Instructions
Installing Before Pavers
- Place Paver Rail™ on top of uniformly compacted graded gravel base per pavement design and stake edging using the 10″ edging staples supplied (10″ x 3/8″ landscape spikes may also be used).
Installing After Pavers
- Use a hand trowel to carefully pull back screeded sand from the edging area.
- Place Paver Rail™ firmly against the pavers using the 10″ edging staples supplied (10″ x 3/8″ landscape spikes may also be used).
- Join the sections by using a staple to adjoin the pieces. As shown in diagram (a).
- Support the staple (b) and lightly tap the staple in part way to accommodate for edging adjustment, if needed. When finished adjusting, tap in the staples tight to the edging.
- Space remaining staples every 12″ – 24″ apart or as needed on curves.
- When backfilling with a non-compactible material, more staples may be required for added support.
- After all pavers are in place, sweep the surface to remove all debris.
- Using a plate compactor, make multiple passes over the entire area to set pavers.
- Use an SRW Products Jointing Sand, that is appropriate for the surface, joint, and application.
- Backfill the outside of the edging with topsoil, sod, seed, or mulch.
- Use a SRW Products Cleaner to clean the surface and then seal with an SRW Products Sealer that are appropriate for surface.