Polymers Dry Clear
Hardscape professionals deserve products that are reliable and can save them time. Get both with SRW Products new polymeric sand SimplyTough™.
At SRW Products we’re always developing new products to help our customers save time and money. SimplyTough™ meets that need by being the one-sand for all your needs. SimplyTough™ can be used for a wide variety of applications including porcelain. It's formulated to have High Strength, Easy Activation, and No Haze, this sand is SimplyTough™! Packaged for safe and secure storage.
- ONE easy to use sand for ALL your needs
- No time constraints for activation (wetting)
- You can work in areas up to 500 sq. ft. at a time providing the surface stays wet
- Resists sand-loss, weeds, and insects
- Long Lasting
- Does not contain Portland, Fly Ash or Crushed Limestone which can cause hazing
- Our admix is lightly bonded to the sand creating a haze and dust free formula
- Will not dust when opened or applied to the project surface
- This sand is SimplyTough™!
- Concrete Paver Joints
- Natural Stone
- Pool Decks
- Concrete Overlays
- Recommended for joints between 1/8” to 3/4” (.32 cm to 1.90 cm), 1” at intersecting points.
- Minimum joint depth: 1½" (3.81 cm)
- When using SimplyTough™ with porcelain, simply make sure it’s the full depth of the porcelain
- Narrow Joints: Typical coverage is 55 - 75 sq. ft. (5.11 - 6.97 sq. m.) per bag
- Wide Joints: Typical coverage is 25 - 35 sq. ft. (2.32 - 3.25 sq. m.) per bag
A. Install pavers using manufacturer’s guidelines for bedding, leveling & installation. Fully clean off debris from the project area.
- Installations should have a proper drainage layer of sand with a depth of 1” (2.54 cm).
- Concrete overlays require a 1” sand layer in addition to proper drainage including slope, weep holes & through perimeter of project.
B. Compact pavers thoroughly using a rubber-plated compactor.
- If compactor is not rubber-plated, cover pavers with a woven fabric while compacting to help protect paver surface from damage.
- Pavers must be completely dry before installing polymeric sand. Wait 24 hours after rain.
C. Gently tumble bag, then cut the bottom and apply Simply Tough™ evenly over the surface.
D. Spread sand into joints, completely filling to the full depth of the pavers.
- Avoid pushing sand over long distances.
- Remove excess sand from surface of pavers before compacting.
E. Compact filled joints using a rubber-plated compactor.
- For natural stone or porcelain tile use a vibratory rubber roller or rubber mallet to settle sand
on edge of material.
- If joints settle more than ¼” reapply Simply Tough™ by following steps C - E again.
F. Remove excess sand from paver surface using a soft bristle broom & set the joint height while removing residue with a leaf blower on idle.
- Once complete, joint height should be filled to ⅛” (.32 cm) below the top of the paver.
G. Working in areas of 350 - 500 sq. ft. (46.45 sq. m.). Lightly mist the paver surface, once surface is wet do not let surface dry out until activation is complete.
- Wait 3 minutes & repeat this process 3-4 times leaving 3 minutes in-between while gradually increasing water flow & making sure to avoid pooling of surface or joints.
- The final watering should supply enough water to rinse off any residual material from the pavers. Use a blower if any remains.
H. Use a screwdriver to test for proper moisture depth of at least 1½” (1.27 cm). If depth is not achieved, immediately wet the area with a shower setting.
I. Once moisture depth is achieved, blow off excess water using a leaf blower.
J. Curing process varies & may take up to 24 hours to set.
- Lower temps & increased humidity level will increase set times.
- Wait 28 days prior to cleaning or sealing.
- Test in a small discrete area.
- Do not use this product on damp or wet surfaces, doing so will affect the products performance by adhering to the surface making it difficult to remove.
- Not for use on clay pavers.
- Proper compaction is critical for obtaining optimal joint strength.
- Continuous dampness can prevent polymeric sand from curing properly.
- Irrigation systems should be turned off until polymeric sand has fully cured.
- No rain forecasted for at least 24 hours before and after installation.
- After activation, cover area entirely if there’s a possibility of rain & promptly uncover once the threat has passed.
- Temperatures must remain above 32°F (0°C) throughout installation & curing.
SIMPLYTOUGH™ Polymeric Sand
SSAN ST TAN
50 lb BAG
SSAN ST GRA
50 lb BAG
Ready to purchase?
Dealers/Distributors: Contact our Customer Service Team, or your SRW Sales Representative to place an order.
Contractors & Homeowners: Visit our Dealer Locator to find out where you can purchase our products!
Frequently Asked Questions
Call us at 1-800-752-9326 or use our dealer locator. We will gladly help locate a dealer near you!
If you are looking to make repairs to a project that was previously installed with polymeric sand, we recommend removing the previous jointing material before adding a new installation of polymeric sand. The normal practice is to remove the material from the joint areas down to 1.5” and then replace with a new application of polymeric sand.
We recommend removing polymeric sand by using a pressure washer to blow out the sand from the joints. When blowing out sand from the joints start on one side and work from one side to the other. The reason for this is so the sand that is being removed won’t fill in the areas that have been previously blown out.
We recommend removing using a heated pressure washer. Avoid allowing the pressure washer to hit the joints directly. Focus on just the paver surface. Once that is completed, we recommend the use of SRW PW Paverwash to clean the surface of the paver.
Once fully cured, our polymeric sands will be strong enough to withstand someone wearing high heels to walk across the joints.
Once the Polymeric sand has cured for at least 28 days, you can clean and seal over the top of the project. We recommend cleaning the paver surface with PW Paver Wash prior to applying any SRW Sealer. We recommend cleaning a stone surface with SW Stone Wash and wetcast projects to be cleaned with WW Wetcast Wash.