Specialty Seal™ 2PX Two Part X-treme™ is a concentrated water-based urethane, eco-friendly, UV resistant, low/no odor concrete sealer. 2PX protects surfaces from abrasion or chemicals, and provides a high-gloss finish. This commercial sealer is great for high-traffic areas and can be used on new or existing projects.
- High-gloss finish
- May be applied to damp surfaces (no water pooling, surface must appear dry/light in color)
- Interior/exterior use
- Low VOC & low odor
- Commercial grade scratch resistance
- Mechanical bond on prepared surfaces
- Excellent UV resistance and non-yellowing
- Helps stabilize sand joints
- Concrete surfaces
- Concrete pavers
- Clay pavers
- If project joints contain polymeric sand, wait until the sand has cured before sealing. If using sealer as a sand stabilizer, joints must be dry prior to sealer application.
- Spot clean if needed with SRW Specialty Clean™ products.
- Prepare unsealed surface with a SRW General Cleaner.
- Pressure wash the entire area thoroughly to remove affixed debris and cleaning products.
- If cleaning and sealing on the same day, surface must appear dry before sealing.
- Recommended application temperatures are 50°F - 100°F (10°C - 38°C) from installation through the curing process.
- Do not apply when dew point is within 5°F (.55°C) of recommended air temperature.
- Do not apply if inclement weather is forecasted within 24 hours.
To achieve a high-gloss finish, a two-coat application is required.
Mix “Part A” and “Part B” (4:1 ratio) to create base mixture with a low speed drill for 2 minutes. Do not whip air into the mixture.
Dilute base mixture with water before applying. Once base is diluted, mix for 2 minutes.1st coat: 2-parts water to 1-part base. Wait 1-3 hours then apply 2nd coat. 2nd coat: 1-part water to 1-part base
Apply dilluted sealer with sprayer that has viton seals, then wait 3-5 minutes. Don’t let sealer pool. If pooling occurs, back roll with slit foam roller only where sealer is pooled. 2-person application is recommended.
Always spray against a wet edge and do not overlap previously sealed and dried area. If you should see roller marks during application, gently mist those areas with water. Do not let sealer pool on surface or in joints.
Apply second coat after the initial coat is dry to touch and visibly clear. Typically, 1-3 hours after first coat but before 24 hours.
- Allow sealed area to dry and cure for 24 hours.
- Protect area from water and rain until dry.
- Foot traffic: Wait approx. 24 hours
- Vehicle traffic: Wait approx. 48 hours
- Note: All calculations based on 68ºF – 77ºF (20°C – 25°C)
1. BASE MIXTURE
- Always mix 4:1 ratio for the base mixture. (4-parts A to 1-part B) Mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Mix only what can be used in 3 hours. Once part A and part B are mixed, the pot life is approximately 3 hours, but will vary based on weather conditions. Any mixed material not used within 3 hours should be discarded.
2. FINISH MIXTURE
High-Gloss Finish: Requires 2 applications
- 1st coat: 2-parts water to 1-part base
- Wait 1-3 hours then apply 2nd coat
- 2nd coat: 1-part water to 1-part base
- Once base is diluted, mix for 2 minutes
Specialty Seal™ 2PX Two Part X-treme™
|PART NUMBER||SIZE||AMT PER CTN||QUANTITY|
SSPC 2PX 5GAL
Frequently Asked Questions
Call us at 1-800-752-9326 or use our dealer locator. We will gladly help locate a dealer near you!
Wait for sand to fully cure before sealing. We recommend using an SRW General Cleaner before any sealer job. The use of an SRW General Cleaner ensures the pores on the surface of the pavers are ready to accept SRW Products Sealers.
We recommend waiting 60-90 days after the paver was manufactured before sealing. The paver manufacture date is typically provided on the pallet label. We always recommend using an SRW General Cleaner such as PW Paver Wash or EF Efflorescence cleaner prior to sealing pavers.
Yes. A SRW Products Slit Foam Roller or SRW Products Slit Foam Roller X-TREME roller is the best choice for backrolling because it helps evenly distribute the sealer and prevent it from pooling. The SRW Products Slit Foam Roller has been specifically designed for highly textured surfaces and pavers.
We recommend using SRW Products SS Sealer Striper. SS Sealer Stripper is a biodegradable, yet industrial-strength formula that removes sealing and curing compounds. Contact one of our territory managers if you have questions about removing a specific type of sealer.
SRW Products XY Xylene is a fast-acting solvent that thins and dissolves acrylic sealer to aid in tool clean up and overspray.
Yes, we recommend sealing on a pool deck.
Sealing with non-film forming sealers: Penetrating sealers are non-film forming that help minimize water and dissolved solids from absorbing into the pavers.
Sealing with film-forming sealers: If you will be using a film-forming sealer on a pool deck then we recommend the use of our X-TREME line of sealers (HGX, LGX etc.) with the addition of SR-Paver Grip to help with slip resistance. SR Paver Grip is sold in 3.2oz bags. 1 Bag of SR Paver Grip can be mixed with 1 gallon of SRW Products Sealers.