8 Series Retaining Wall Geogrid
8 Series Geogrid is uni-directional geogrid composed of high molecular weight, high-tenacity multifilament polyester yarns coated in PVC. Add strength and longevity to soil reinforcement applications such as retaining walls, steep slopes, embankments, sub-grade stabilization, and embankments over soft soils and waste containment applications. SRW geogrids can withstand biological degradation and are resistant to naturally encountered chemicals, alkalis and acids. Made in the USA.
- Adds strength and longevity to retaining walls
- Provides excellent stress transfer
- Helps prevent premature wall failure
- Easy to handle roll sizes
- Designed for walls up to 15’
8 Series Retaining Wall Geogrid Instructions
Follow Retaining Wall Instructions
- Follow the installation instructions supplied with the retaining wall system including foundation preparation, block alignment, core filling, drainage rock placement, backfill placement, and compaction.
- Place the next course of block on top of the geogrid.
- Eliminate any folds or looseness in the geogrid by pulling tight and staking at the back.
Backfill, Compact, & Repeat
- Backfill must be compacted and level with the top of the retaining block course prior to installation of geogrids. The geogrid should start near the face of the block and remain in one continuous piece to the back of the reinforced soil mass (no splicing). Butt together at edges — do not overlap geogrid.
- Backfill and compact the soil to 95% standard proctor. Always backfill and compact one course of block at a time. Keep an adequate cushion of soil between the geogrid and equipment.
- Repeat process until retaining wall is completed.