Hardscape professionals deserve products that are reliable and can save them time. Get both with the best polymeric sand on the market.
We’re committed to getting better all the time. We are certain Pavermate Z3™ will provide faster, stronger and longer lasting results. Our new era polymeric sand can be used for a wide variety of applications and is packaged for safe and secure storage. It’s a one-sand solution for paver joints. Zero Haze, Zero Dust, and Zero Problems! Best of all, it's RAIN SAFE in just 10 MINUTES!
- Zero Haze: Portland-free formula cleanly sweeps to reduce any material left on the paver surface
- Zero Dust: Polymers bind to each other and the sand particles creating anti-dusting results
- Zero Problems: Provides protection against unexpected rain events - rain safe in 10 minutes.
- Paver Joints up to 2˝
- Concrete Paver Joints
- False Joints
- Concrete Overlays
Don't take our word for it. Contractors tell us why they use Pavermate Z3.
"Why install Z3 Polymeric sand instead of regular sand? This customer is demoing an existing paver pad to add a new walkway. This is a section of the existing pad and as you can see the Z3 goes beyond just a joint sand but actually helps strengthen the entire paver area. These pavers are being held together just from the Z3 alone and nothing else."
A. Install pavers using manufacturer’s guidelines for bedding, leveling and installation. Fully clean off debris from the project area.
- Installations should have a proper drainage layer of sand with a depth of 1" (2.54 cm). In addition, weep holes need to be added to concrete overlays.
- If existing project, properly clean out joints before applying polymeric sand and skip to step C.
B. Compact pavers thoroughly using a rubber-plated compactor.
- If compactor is not rubber-plated, cover pavers with a woven fabric while compacting to help protect paver surface from damage.
- Pavers must be completely dry before installing polymeric sand. Wait 24 hours after rain.
C. Gently tumble bag, then cut the bottom and apply Pavermate Z3™ evenly over the surface.
D. Spread sand into joints, completely filling to the full depth of the pavers.
- Avoid pushing sand over long distances.
- Remove excess sand from surface of pavers before compacting.
E. Compact filled joints using a rubber-plated compactor.
- Repeat compacting and filling (steps C - E) if necessary.
F. Remove excess sand from paver surface using a soft bristle broom and set the joint height with a leaf blower on idle.
- Once complete, joint height should be filled to 1/8" (.32 cm) below the top of the paver.
G. Working in sections up to 200 sq. ft. (18.58 sq. m.), water the section for a total of 2 minutes.
Do not allow the section to dry during the 2 minute watering:
- MIST: Use hose with a sprayer attachment set to “mist” or similar light setting. Mist area until the surface is wet.
- SHOWER: Next, set hose to “light shower” to allow more water over the area. Repeat shower two times over the section.
H. Use a screwdriver to test for proper moisture depth of at least 1" (2.54 cm). If depth is not achieved, immediately wet the area with a shower setting.
I. Once moisture depth is achieved, blow off excess water using a leaf blower.
J. Rain safe 10 minutes after joint activation.
- A flexible joint is a sign that reaction has occurred but is not completely cured.
- A dry environment is important to allow joints to fully cure. For best performance, install when no rain is forecasted for 24 hours.
- Wait 28 days prior to cleaning or sealing.
• Joint Width: Recommended for joints between 1/16" to 2" (.16 cm to 5.08 cm) at intersecting points. For concrete overlays, a maximum of 1" (2.54 cm) wide joints at intersecting points is recommended.
• Joint Depth: Minimum depth of 1 ½" (3.81 cm).
• Narrow Joints: Typical coverage is 55 - 75 sq. ft. (5.11 - 6.97 sq. m.) per bag.
• Wide Joints: Typical coverage is 20 - 30 sq. ft. (1.86 - 2.79 sq. m.) per bag.
• Test in a small discrete area.
• Temperatures must remain above 32°F (0°C) throughout installation and curing.
• Not recommended for flagstone patios or wet/heavily shaded areas. Do not use on pool copings.
• Not for use on porcelain tile or natural stone.
• Clay pavers must be completely dry prior to sand install. Moisture in the clay pavers can activate the sand on the surface and leave a residue.
• Proper compaction is very important for obtaining optimal joint strength.
• Continuous dampness can prevent polymeric sand from curing properly. Irrigation systems should be turned off until polymeric sand has fully cured.
• For best results, wait 28 days after installation before cleaning and sealing.
PAVERMATE Z3™ Polymeric Sand • Joints up to 2˝
SSAN PAVZ3 TAN
50 lb BAG
SSAN PAVZ3 GRA
50 lb BAG
SSAN PAVZ3 BLK
50 lb BAG
SSAN PAVZ3 IVY
50 lb BAG
Frequently Asked Questions
Call us at 1-800-752-9326 or use our dealer locator. We will gladly help locate a dealer near you!
If you are looking to make repairs to a project that was previously installed with polymeric sand, we recommend removing the previous jointing material before adding a new installation of polymeric sand. The normal practice is to remove the material from the joint areas down to 1.5” and then replace with a new application of polymeric sand.
We recommend removing polymeric sand by using a pressure washer to blow out the sand from the joints. When blowing out sand from the joints start on one side and work from one side to the other. The reason for this is so the sand that is being removed won’t fill in the areas that have been previously blown out.
We recommend removing using a heated pressure washer. Avoid allowing the pressure washer to hit the joints directly. Focus on just the paver surface. Once that is completed, we recommend the use of SRW PW Paverwash to clean the surface of the paver.
Once fully cured, our polymeric sands will be strong enough to withstand someone wearing high heels to walk across the joints.
Once the Polymeric sand has cured for at least 28 days, you can clean and seal over the top of the project. We recommend cleaning the paver surface with PW Paver Wash prior to applying any SRW Sealer. We recommend cleaning a stone surface with SW Stone Wash and wetcast projects to be cleaned with WW Wetcast Wash.