NEW AND IMPROVED! Same name, better product! Our updated recipe of wide-joint polymeric sand offers new benefits and features that will provide the best results.
- Rain Safe in 20 Minutes: Fastest wide-joint set up time in the market helps with unforeseen weather.
- No Haze: Advanced technology makes polymers dry clear, ensuring a haze-free installation.
- Strong, Solid Cure: New recipe provides a stronger, solid cure which is important for durability in wide-joint projects.
- Long-Lasting: Strong, long-lasting joints help prevent washout, weeds and insect infestations with less overall maintenance.
- Joints up to 6˝
- Pool Decks
- Natural Stone
A. Install stone or wetcast using manufacturer’s guidelines for bedding, leveling and installation. Fully clean off debris from the project area.
- Installations should have a proper drainage layer of sand with a depth of 1" (2.54 cm)
B. Stones or wetcast should be level and stable prior to application.
- See user tips for recommended application temperatures & joint widths/depths.
- Surface must be completely dry. Wait 24 hours after rain before application.
- Irrigation systems should be turned off until polymeric sand has fully cured.
C. Gently tumble bag, then cut bottom and apply sand evenly over the surface.
D. Spread sand into joints, completely filling to the full depth of the stone or wetcast.
- For natural stone, spread sand evenly over project surface, then sweep into joints until full depth of the joint is filled. Avoid moving sand over long distances as this could separate the polymers.
- For wetcast, pour sand directly into joints. Avoid getting sand on surface
E. Use a rubber mallet along edge of stones or wetcast to settle the sand.
- For natural stone, use a small blunt object to compact joints in more open areas. If sand becomes low, fill with additional sand & compact again. Stones or wetcast should be firm with no movement
F. Remove excess sand from surface using a soft bristle broom and set joint height with a leaf blower on idle.
- Once complete, joint height should be filled to 1/8" (.32 cm) below the top of stones or wetcast. This allows water to migrate from the surface into joints
G. Working in sections up to 100 sq. ft. (9.29 sq. m.), water each section for a total of 2 minutes. Do not allow the section to dry during the 2-minute watering:
- MIST: Use hose with a sprayer attachment set to “mist” or similar light setting. Mist area until the surface is wet.
- SHOWER: Next, set hose to “light shower” to allow more water over the area. Repeat shower two times over the section.
H. Use a screwdriver to test for proper moisture depth of at least 1" (2.54 cm). If depth is not achieved, immediately wet area with a shower setting.
I. Once moisture depth is achieved, blow off excess water using a leaf blower.
J. Rain safe 20 minutes after joint activation.
- A flexible joint is a sign that reaction has occurred but is not completely cured. A dry environment is important to allow joints to fully cure. For best performance, install when no rain is forecasted for 24 hours. Wait 28 days prior to cleaning or sealing
• Joint Width: Recommended for joints between 1/16" to 2" (.16 cm to 5.08 cm) at intersecting points. For concrete overlays, a maximum of 1" (2.54 cm) wide joints at intersecting points is recommended.
• Joint Depth: Minimum depth of 1 ½" (3.81 cm).
• Narrow Joints: Typical coverage is 55 - 75 sq. ft. (5.11 - 6.97 sq. m.) per bag.
• Wide Joints: Typical coverage is 20 - 30 sq. ft. (1.86 - 2.79 sq. m.) per bag.
• Test in a small discrete area.
• Temperatures must remain above 32°F (0°C) throughout installation and curing.
• Not recommended for flagstone patios or wet/heavily shaded areas. Do not use on pool copings.
• Clay pavers must be completely dry prior to sand install. Moisture in the clay pavers can activate the sand on the surface and leave a residue.
• Proper compaction is very important for obtaining optimal joint strength.
• Continuous dampness can prevent polymeric sand from curing properly. Irrigation systems should be turned off until polymeric sand has fully cured.
• For best results, wait 28 days after installation before cleaning and sealing.
X-TREME™ Polymeric Sand • Joints up to 6˝
50 lb BAG
50 lb BAG
Frequently Asked Questions
Call us at 1-800-752-9326 or use our dealer locator. We will gladly help locate a dealer near you!
If you are looking to make repairs to a project that was previously installed with polymeric sand, we recommend removing the previous jointing material before adding a new installation of polymeric sand. The normal practice is to remove the material from the joint areas down to 1.5” and then replace with a new application of polymeric sand.
We recommend removing polymeric sand by using a pressure washer to blow out the sand from the joints. When blowing out sand from the joints start on one side and work from one side to the other. The reason for this is so the sand that is being removed won’t fill in the areas that have been previously blown out.
Once fully cured our polymeric sands will be strong enough to withstand someone wearing high heels to walk across the joints.
Once the Polymeric sand has cured for at least 28 days, you can clean and seal over the top of the project. We recommend cleaning the paver surface with PW Paver Wash prior to applying any SRW Sealer. We recommend cleaning a stone surface with SW Stone Wash and wetcast projects to be cleaned with WW Wetcast Wash.