Crete-Rail™ is a strong yet flexible concrete edging that provides stability and structure to hardscape applications. It has a fast set time and it’s easy to use, just add water and mix. The polymer-modified formula and fiber reinforcement add strength while allowing for flexibility to withstand freeze/thaw fluctuation. Can be used with many applications.
- Fiber reinforcement for maximum strength
- Fast set time
- Rigid yet flexible support
- Polymer-modified for flexibility to withstand freeze/thaw
- Easy to use, just add water & mix
- Adds stability & structure
- Creates an interlocking system
- Many applications
- Use with curved or straight-edge projects
- Paver, natural stone & wetcast
- Open graded base & permeable paver installations
- Driveways, walkways & patios
- Residential & commercial applications
- Projects that include HexaBase™
- Concrete overlays
- Porcelain tile
a. Prior to compacting the pavers, natural stone or wetcast, remove bedding layer (sand or chips) that extends 4" (10.16 cm) outside the perimeter. For optimal performance, remove all of the bedding material down to the base material.
b. In a mixing tub or wheelbarrow, mix 2.5 quarts (2.37 L) of water with each 50 lb. (22.68 kg) bag of Crete-Rail™ until all dry contents are blended and the mixture is stiff, but workable.
c. Using a flat (square point) shovel, distribute the freshly mixed Crete-Rail™ along the edge of the pavers, natural stone or wetcast. Be sure to place enough material to form a triangular profile that will extend approximately halfway up the pavers, natural stone or wetcast. Crete-Rail™ should extend approximately 4" (10.16 cm) from the edge of the hardscape project.
d. Using a finishing trowel, form Crete-Rail™ into a triangular profile. The top of the troweled Crete-Rail™ should taper away from the pavers, natural stone or wetcast at approximately a 30° angle.
e. Compact the pavers, natural stone or wetcast before Crete-Rail™ sets up. Install appropriate joint material per manufacturer instructions. For best results, use SRW Pavermate Z3™ or SRW X-treme™ Wide Joint Polymeric Sand. Stone chips should be used for jointing of permeable applications.
f. Finish the project by backfilling with topsoil, mulch or decorative stone.
g. Crete-Rail™ is rain safe in 5 hours. Avoid walking near the project edge and backfilling until 24 hours after installation. Driveways can be used after 48 hours.
1. Adding more water than the recommended amount will allow the material to easily blend, but could negatively affect ultimate strength. Use recommended amount of water.
2. Crete-Rail™ is intended only for light-duty commercial applications
3. For best results, let Crete-Rail™ harden before finishing the surrounding landscaping.
During installation, if Crete-Rail™ comes in contact with the project surface, clean off immediately with a wet rag, brush and water to avoid staining. Tools should be cleaned immediately after use with water and a brush before drying.