Path Stabilizer is a liquid-bonding agent that holds decomposed granite and crushed stone in place and creates long-lasting, dust-free pathways and patio areas. Safe for use around plants and animals, it reduces weed growth, dust, and erosion from weather and foot traffic.
- One easy to use formula ideal for both commercial and residential applications
- Liquid bonding agent that controls dust
- Stabilizes pathways and patios
- Minimizes tracking and weed growth
- Decomposed Granite
- Crushed Stone 3/8˝–1/4˝ minus
- Pathways and Patio Areas
- Excavate between 4–6˝ below finished grade.
- Compact native soil using a plate compactor.
- Use a high water flow geotextile (SRW’s SB2 or SB3), making sure that the fabric is enough to wrap up the edges of the excavated areas.
- Add and compact between 2–4˝ of base, making sure this material is 2˝ below the finished height of the walkway.
- Place edge restraint, framing the walkway. This step is necessary to prevent the edges from breaking down with use.
- SRW Paver Rail can be held in place by landscape spikes placed every 12˝.
- Install decomposed granite or similar material, grading 1/2–3/4˝ above the SRW Paver Rail to allow for final height once compacted.
- Apply SRW Path Stabilizer, using a watering can, at a coverage of 20 sq. ft. per gallon. This applies to both residential and commercial installs.
- Let material sit for 40-60 minutes. If material is still saturated, let sit for 15 minutes longer, check every 15 minutes until it has drained. Do not allow SRW Path Stabilizer to dry out completely.
- Compact entire surface. Make multiple passes with the compactor. If the surface is too saturated, the compactor will slow or stop. Wait until material has drained and this no longer happens before continuing. Areas that were compacted too early can be lightly raked and re-compacted.
POST COMPACTION & TOP COAT
- RESIDENTIAL: Apply a top coat of SRW Path Stabilizer, at a coverage rate of 50 sq. ft. per gallon, 24 hours after compaction. Surface must be dry before applying.
- COMMERCIAL: Apply SRW Path Stabilizer at a coverage of 30 sq. ft. per gallon. Wait 24 hours and apply a top coat of 40 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Surface must be dry before applying top coat.
|PART NUMBER||SIZE||AMT PER CTN||QUANTITY|
TAC PATH 5GAL