EF Efflorescence Remover
Specialty Clean™ EF Efflorescence is a product which acts quickly to dissolve efflorescence on pavers, concrete, brick & clay.
- Dissolves mineral deposits (efflorescence)
- Restores original surface color
- Contains no muriatic acid or hydrochloric acid
- Ready to use — no diluting needed
- Thoroughly sweep surface of joint sand, dust, debris or loose material.
- Spot clean if needed with one of these SRW Specialty Clean™ products:
- CD Cleaner & Degreaser
- RE Rust Eliminator
- MC Mold, Moss & Mildew Cleaner
- OC Organic Stain Cleaner
- TR Tar, Gum & Rubber Remover
- Recommended application temperatures are 50°F - 80°F (10°C - 27°C)
- Saturate surface & surrounding area thoroughly (including vegetation).
- Do not allow product to dry on surface. Re-spray if needed to keep area wet. A 2-person application is recommended.
- Apply EF directly to surface with a sprinkler can. Do not dilute.
- With a stiff bristle brush, scrub area immediately & thoroughly.
- For large areas, work in 100-150 sq. ft. (9.29–13.94 sq. m.) sections.
- If working on an incline, start at the highest point, working in small sections. Scrub from bottom of section, pushing excess EF up over job.
- Immediately rinse surface & surrounding areas (including vegetation) thoroughly with clean water until all traces of foam disappear.
- Repeat if necessary. Let dry.
- Wait at least 24 hours to apply SRW Paver Seal™ products.
Specialty Clean™ EF Efflorescence Remover
|PART NUMBER||SIZE||AMT PER CTN||QUANTITY|
Frequently Asked Questions
Call us at 1-800-752-9326 or use our dealer locator. We will gladly help locate a dealer near you!
Efflorescence, is a natural formation that may appear on any concrete or masonry product. It is actually the residue of soluble salts carried to the surface by moisture – a natural by-product of the chemical reaction between cement and water. Efflorescence does not affect structural integrity and will dissipate over time. It is not indicative of a flawed product. If desired, it can be removed using EF Efflorescence Remover or PW Paver Wash.
No negative affects on the asphalt driveway should be expected. But it is possible that the surfactant could have a slight impact on the tar and dull it out. Test in a small discrete area if you are concerned.
EF Efflorescence cleaner is a mild acid used to remove the efflorescence currently visible. The cleaner alone will not prevent future blooms of efflorescence from occurring. To help prevent efflorescence blooms in the future, please consider the use of a penetrating sealer to waterproof the surface.